Brightspace users can now listen to documents in D2L through “ReadSpeaker TextAid”. Users can access ReadSpeaker TextAid trough the navigation bar inside their D2L class site by clicking “Resources” and then “ReadSpeaker TextAid”.
A few benefits to this technology are:
- Users can listen to the documents audibly
- Users can follow along as documents are read
- Users can listen to documents from anywhere
- This tool is useful to everybody and is a great tool to have when considering Universal design.
We have created some reference material on how to use ReadSpeaker TextAid. Please click on the following link to access this material:
When the user clicks on ReadSpeaker TextAid, they will be taken to the ReadSpeaker TextAid site. From this site, the user can upload any document, even if the doccument not in D2L. This can assist the user in any area of their education. All they need to do is the following:
- Click the “Library” button on the left side of the screen
- Click the “Upload Document” button
- Select the document language
- Drag and Drop the file(s) into the box or search for the document using the “Select document” button
- Click the “Upload” button
- Click the “Close” button
- Then from the library, click on the file
- Click the “Listen” button